Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That


“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
~Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein, on you I call bullsh*t. Everything is happening at once on my end these days and it's consuming my tiny bit of free time...which in turn, disables me from cooking....which leads to eating pre-prepared foods...which leads to this AWFUL mood and negative levels of energy. Ay, Ay, Ay!
I have no fancy or creative meals to show you and I'm just as disappointed as you (assuming you give a freak).
I do, however, have an intersting little vittle for you to chew over. Check this out:

A few weeks ago, I was at Kroger minding my own business in the Organic/Clean foods section. I stumbled upon this cereal (shown in picture). I was in a rush so didn't read the indgredients, assuming it was, eh hmmmmm...clean. Not so much.
Check out the front of the box, make your assumptions about the nutrition level of this product, then check out the label I've posted. If you did not know before, the ingredients on food is listed in order of the greatest amount in the product...so, what we see here is that SUGAR is the second highest ingredient in this cereal. Ummmm, no. I don't eat cereal with SUGAR. Also, not that it matters at this point, but it also contains High Fructose Corn Syrup. Yo, is this the early 90's? Are we really thinking it's ok to consume that? The makers of this cereal are ho bags. Steer clear and ALWAYS read the labels before wasting your money on crap.

Also, I want so badly to have time to make these silver dollar sized pancakes. YUMMY! I have to have you, darling ricotta/blueberry buckwheat pancakes....who wants to come over for brunch this weekend and DEVOUR THEM!!!!??? http://cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Mini-Blueberry-Buckwheat-Ricotta-Dessert-Pancakes.aspx
I would make them for mi hombre when he's in town but alas, he doesn't enjoy sweets (lab results are still out confirming his status as human...i'll keep you posted).

Sorry for the randomness but I hope you were able to get something out of this post.
Have great days, my precious readers!!!

2 comments:

  1. Paradox: The "cleanest" foods don't come in a box, right? And they usually require washing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course the "cleanest" don't come in a box, but that's not excatly my personal philosophy of clean eating. Think of things such as oatmeal and multigrain cereals....this is what I'm referring to.

    ReplyDelete