Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Try My Couscous (that's what she said)


So I'm gonna be honest with you. I had very little time in the kitchen last night because I spontaneously went out for drinks around 7. Most definitely worth it, but after two Stella Artois, I was the buzzed chef (another beauty of eating clean...it takes VERY little alcohol for you to have a good night out). Anyway, I came home last night around 10:30 and decided to make Couscous. It only takes about 2 minutes total to boil and then on the adjacent burner I sautee the veggies. Considering I was in a creative state of mind, I just started throwing things in. I only had a few bites before bed but made an entire lunch for today and dinner for tonight out of it.

Ingredients of intoxicated couscous:

-whole wheat couscous

-tomatoes

-artichokes

-grilled chicken breast

-broccoli

seasoning: garlic, cracked pepper, herb mix


Sooooo good and the protien in the chicken will keep me full for hours!

I have an appointment about 40 minutes away tonight so i also brought some kashi go lean crunch cereal to put in my greek yogurt before I leave work. The WORST thing ever is letting your blood sugar drop so low that you binge on whatever you can find first. I also have a banana in my purse for the ride home tonight before I get to the leftover couscous.

I know it seems like I carry a lot of food around, and I do, but it's SO much better than spending money or breaking down and eating out...this can always be avoided. I'd rather be overprepared than find myself booty calling Dominos (sick, i would never do that but you get the point) in a panic.

Anyway, i ramble again. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Try the same, but sub quinoa for the couscous--omit chicken.

    Same great protein, vegetarian friendly!

    ReplyDelete