Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Spinach to the Rescue!


Last night I was the biggest Debbie-downer. Seriously, it was very uncool. Normally, when I'm feeling so awful I use it as an excuse to eat like CRAP and then that makes me even more down...and the cycle repeats. Yuck.

Luckily, I had a plan to use up some spinach that I apparently bought in bulk so my meal was saved. Spinach salad with red onions, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, shredded provolone, and artichokes...dressing: Ken's light Asian sesame. Also (not pictured), I cooked up four slices of low-sodium bacon for a little protein and pork-taste.

P.S. I have two red pears that are PEAK in ripeness so I brought one to work today, sliced it and tossed it into my oatmeal with cinnamon....dude....dude....it's unreal. PLUS, the oatmeal could only handle half of the pear so I get to eat the rest alone and I've got juice dripping down my arm...ahhhh, classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment