Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Monday, Monday


I'm pumped about tomorrow. I have a super long day (11 hours) and I need to be fueled the entire time cause it's gonna be BUSY! Just the way I like it. So...let me show you what I've prepared in order to keep me from getting hungry and buying something quick and convenient.
At the top left, you'll notice my baggie of mango. Normally, I carry around the entire mango butthe knives at work blow and I wanted it ready to toss directly into my oatmeal (with agave nectar, remember). BTW, I forgot to tell you about my favorite way to prepare oatmeal...with frozen mixed berries and agave nectar. 1/2 cup of frozen berries, 1 cup of oatmeal, water, and microwave for 2:30. Once it's cooked and stirred, I shit you not it look (and tastes) just like a berry cobbler...mmmmm, mmmm, mmmm! Never eat packaged oatmeal, it's almost as much sugar and artificial bs as soda...But i digress.
Below the mango, you'll see some peculiar-looking chips. They are the sacred "Tera" exotic vegetable chips and they are un-fucking believable. They are also un-fucking believably expensive. I only buy them on sale. that's that. But tomorrow, they're coming to work with mama.
In the middle you'll see Greek yogurt. I've never had it but I plan to use it as a snack when I get peckish during my marathon workday. I'll let you know how it is.
To the upper right of the yogurt is a fuckton of edemame (soybeans). I love edemame with cracked sea salt....oooooh, so good. Gives me ladywood.
Last, but not least, is 1/2 of a Kashi "roasted vegetable" pizza. The other half is in me already. I don't count calories and don't you DARE call this a diet blog, but I just found out that the entire pizza has only 750 calories. THAT'S ALL! That's a nice sized dinner and good times for everyone. Hip Hip Hooray for Kashi pizzas. P.S. get them on sale, when they go down to $4.50 at Kroger, I stock up like a mad woman. They take 10 minutes to heat up after work and they have everything you need! Yippee!

Sooooo, you like (Borat voice)????

3 comments:

  1. Yum. I'm gonna try that oatmeal. Should I use oldfashioned oatmeal, quick oats or rolled oats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should use any plain oats...usually quick oats. As long as the ingredients do not include added sugar (or other crap for that matter). Let me know how it goes! I love my oatmeal...can't get enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update, Update.....just back from the gym (where I was in a terrible mood and barely made it through a 40 minute workout without falling out on the floor and losing my cool)...but anyway, what was I saying...oh yeah, I'm eating my greek yogurt and it is UNREAL! i LOVE it, i can't believe I haven't tried it sooner. Yay!

    ReplyDelete