Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Monday, January 24, 2011

I Yam Your Root-Vegetable Authority


I cannot tell you how good these taste. I don't even want to begin to describe it. Let me just say that if I had to choose between regular french fries and my perfectly seasoned Yam Fries....the yams win, hands down.
I'm just gonna tell you how this happened and leave it at that. No sense in mindlessly babbling about an indescribable flavor and heartiness. ooohhhh, baby.

PREHEAT OVEN TO 450
Two Medium Yams (sweet potatoes) cut into strips (like carrot stick size, long and thin)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 tablesspoon of ground cumin
1/4 tablespoon of ground sea salt
1/4 tablespoon of ground pepper

Combine yam sticks and all ingredient a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir until ingredients are evenly combined or put plastic wrap over bowl and shake like crazy to cover the sticks evenly.

Lay sticks in a single layer on either non-stick baking sheet or cover baking sheet with aluminum foil/parchment paper.

Bake for 15-20 minutes flipping the sticks over with a spatula every 7-8 minutes.

Enjoy alone or with your favorite condiment. Mine were devoured with natural Ketchup (the "no high fructose corn syrup" kind, of course).

And yes, that's kale next to the fries...I have a problem, it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment