Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Oh my darlin', Clementine




the stores are filled to the brim with Clementines right now...get it while the getting is good. I've found the most interesting ways to get through my massive sack, but today's recipe was especially exciting. Clementine upside down cake. HOlla!


I got the recipe from this awesome healthy chic. Not only is she the shiznit for deciding to lose her extra weight for good, but she is incredibly creative! What an amazing idea...to make tiny single serve, healthy desserts. I subsituted 1% milk for her almond milk and agave nectar for her honey, but it turned out soooo tasty and not too sweet.


I LOVE ME SOME DESSERT, but I have NO control when it comes to portion sizes or number of helpings. This way, it's all portion-controlled for me. I even did some kitchenware shopping today to get some ramekins. This is what you make the single-serve dishes in. Personally, I find it genius for my situation. I live alone and love to try new things but don't want a ton of food here to eat with no one else to help.


For valentine's day, mi hombre will be in town and I'm gonna make the first course of his v-day meal in a ramekin....it's a recipe for seafood casserole and I think it'll be adorable in the tiny little dish. Anyway, I ramble.
So, I'm getting ready to make a giant batch of sauteed kale to munch on while I watch a movie so I'll see you on the flip side. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment