Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

carbonated whores


Do you drink Soda (or for my Michiganders, pop)? If so, gross. Seriously, gross. The only beverages I consume are water (tap), coffee, and wine or beer (occasionally a good vodka). I used to drink diet soda like it was going out of style..."how great", I thought. "Zero calories and its tasty". Then I went to the denstist. I don't usually admit this, but I had $3,000 worth of damage done to my enamel from the citric acid in all the diet soda I drank. It was eating away at my teeth! Anything that is that potent should not be consumed, end of story.
I strongly believe that the chemicals found in soda (both diet and regular) are not fit for human consumption. Check the ingredients list, what the freak are those things and why do people rush to drink them? Plus, it's so much better not dragging cases of soda from the grocery store...of course that's minor, but irritating enough to mention.
Drinking only water all day can be boring, i know. I got used to it quickly and noticed a MAJOR difference in my energy levels immediately. Diet soda has caffeine but the effect is negated by the fact that you're drinking soda instead of water...even though your'e caffeinated, you're no where near hydrated. Making sense?
The point is, drinking soda is out. Don't make yourself a beverage victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment