Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Teriyaki Time!!!





SOY VAY! (Get it, hehehehe. Nothing like a good Judaic-slanged pun to get your day started). This stuff is a DREAM. A bit of an expensive dream, but worth every drop...plus it goes VERY far. I got my bottle at World Market for 4 bones. Much cheaper than at Westborn or other quality grocers where you may pay up to 6 bones. Anywho, let's discuss what I've done here.

Marinated a 1/3 lb salmon filet in Soy Vey for 15 minutes turning once. Put in the sautee pan (where I've already prepared my red onions and spinach) with a touch of olive oil and cooked for 5 minutes or so on each side. It smelled insanely good. I had difficulty not eating it straight out of the pan, but alas, then I would starve today. I added everything to 1 cup of brown rice and VOILA! Today's lunch AND dinner.

So, what can you do with Soy Vay? Sautee (or wok/stirfry) veggies, any fish, pork, steak, chicken, add a bit to your steamed veggies for a kick. ANYTHING! This stuff is the best, I'm happy to have it live in my fridge amongst my other edible friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment