Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Friday, January 14, 2011

I F'ING LOVE PIZZA





Like every other living, breathing creature, i am obsessed with pizza.
It's hard to find a good whole wheat crust...plus, i'm a complete topping whore. One day I like it thin with tomatoes, basil, and light cheese. The next day I'm on the hunt for a thick little number with pinapple and canadian bacon. Either way, I want it how I want it....so tonight, I learned to make whole wheat pizza crust and the beauty is...i know EXACLY what I'm eating, no preservatives, no chemicals...only what I've included.

Here is the crust recipe. I used agave nectar instead of sugar.

Anyway, this pizza was a bit complicated because of the way I prepared the toppings (sauteed them first with garlic and oregeno) but it was worth every minute and dirty dish...

I call this pizza, the Petra. Vanderbun was sniffing into the air like a crazed person while it was baking. It was hysterical and since she can't even taste it, I'm naming it after her.

Toppings: Red onion, artichoke, and fresh spinach all sauteed in olive oil. Cheese: light feta.



When I took the first taste, I squealed with delight! It is PERFECT. Exactly what i wanted. I am soooooooo pumped about this new crust making ability. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

2 comments:

  1. Where is the recipe? I' love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a link to the recipe for the dough in the text (click on the word 'here' if you're not seeing the hyperlink)...and the toppings are ladies' choice!

    ReplyDelete