Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Yeast Has Risen!




I made BREAD! I am soooooo proud, I never thought I'd have the patience.
I'm in a big hurry because Wayne State is closing for snow emergency (hip-hip hooray!) so let me know if you want the recipe and I'll post it.

This is a whole wheat and ground flax seed loaf. Isn't it beautiful???
The other picture is the lovely egg-white breakfast sandwhich I made using the bread. For that I fry 2-3 egg whites (only cooking spray, no butter/oil), when they're fully cooked, I cut it straight down the middle to create two halves and I shred any white cheese onto the warm eggs. While I'm waiting for the cheese to melt,I toast two slices of bread. I arrange the sandwich in an "every other" order stacking one half of the eggs and cheese, then a slice or two of turkey or ham then the other half of the eggs, then another slice of chosen meat. MMMMMMM, MMMMMMM! There is some SERIOUS protein in this breakfast and keeps me full all morning. Plus, the flavor is outstanding.
Now you make it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment