Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ode to the Current


If you're anything like me, you crave something sweet after your meal. I normally wait until the feeling subsides, but in extreme cases, I reach for a teaspoon of brown sugar or agave nectar. Yep, I like it raw.
OR, you could just combine the sweetness with your savory meal and everyone wins! Pictured here is a salad I threw together at the 11th hour when I realized I had no lunch to bring to work. Spring mix with garbanzo beans, onions, tomatoes, and....drum roll, please.....currants! Yay!
The first time I tasted a current, I immediately ran to the box to see how much sugar was added. They were WAY too sweet to be all natural. But lucky me, nothing was added and I was estatic! I had a brief affair with currents the past couple months but have yet to replenish my supply. I may wait a while to ensure that when we're together again, I'll be as grateful as I was the day we met.

No comments:

Post a Comment