Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Friday, February 25, 2011

When Stuffing...we have options



First things first, sorry for the poor picture quality. I'm in the process of buying a new camera.
On to the important news:
My very first stuffed pepper. It was GREAT! Instead of the traditional cholesterol-laden indregients that usually grace the innards of a stuffed pepper, I used the good stuff.
INGREDIENTS: Brown rice, black wild rice, chopped shrimp, chives, shredded carrot, 1/4 cup of italian bread crumbs, my favorite spices, and 1/2 tbsp of olive oil for good measure. And just a TINY SPRINKLE of romano cheese on the top. How could something so filling, feel so light? Ahhhh, i can't wait to experiment more with this concept...there is more than one way to stuff a pepper, and I'm determined to discover them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment