Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Company for Vittles!




There are approximately 1 trillion reasons why I just adore my close friend, Michelle, but one in particular stands out: She'll eat anything. I find that incredibly dope and i LOVE cooking for someone so appreciative.


Friday night I had my very favorite company for dinner. Michelle and her 4.5 month old baby, Madeline (or as I call her, Big Sugar). I made salmon with giant marinated garlic pieces speared into it (makes the flavor KILLER)! I laid the salmon on top of my signature sauteed kale and THEN I tried something new.


The side dish you see is whole wheat couscous, black beans, chives, and MANGO! It was super tasty and I was relieved. It's one thing to experiment with sweet and savory when you're alone but with COMPANY!? Now that's risky business.

No comments:

Post a Comment