Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dear IHOP, you got nothing on me.

Best. Pancakes. Ever.
Ingredients: whole wheat flour, multigrain oats (tossed in food processor for 30 seconds), ground flaxseed, diced strawberry (use any fruit you wish) honey, 1 egg, "buttermilk" (1 cup skim milk with 1 tbsp of vinegar mixed in), and a dash of vanilla.
Tip, for a sweet little crunch, used canola oil on your cooking surface...same goes for your whole wheat french toast. It creates this crispy super-sweet layer on the outside that is outstanding.
Always "no high fructose corn syrup" maple syrup and you're all set for a clean, sweet, and VERY filling breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. I have some grade B maple myself! Had some grade C from a farmers market in upstate NY once turns out its illegal. Scandal!

    ReplyDelete