Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Busy-Bee, Braiding Bread





How do you do? I stumbled upon this recipe and thought it was such a fun idea. However, it needed serious adaptations. For starters, it was originally named the "taco braid". I was disturbed. Secondly, and more disturbing, was the crust was made from Pillsbury ready-made pizza crust. Fine, if you want a crust with 18 ingredients...yep, you heard me. I was able to pronounce about 5 of the 18...anyway, no thanks. The point is that I wanted to make this stuffed braided bread but I wanted to do it my way. So here's what happened:



Crust: 1 cup of whole wheat flour, 2 tablespoons ground flax, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of yeast mixed with 1/2 cup of warm water...so that gives us five ingredients plus water. Take that, Pillsbury dirtbags...filling my friends with chemicals and using that rotund white character to make it seem alright. You should be ashamed of yourselves.


Filling: Turkey, provolone cheese, sauteed spinach and onions.


Baked for 15 minutes (just enough time to get in a quick set of pilates) at 400 and voila! Incredibly tasty and my body is super happy to process such unprocessed vittles. Mmmmm!

2 comments:

  1. I effing love red onions and what beautiful little home you gave them!! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything tastes better in a braid! Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete