Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Monday, June 13, 2011

I like it cheap and quick



On days when I do spin class after work, my rabbit is lucky if I have the energy to even wash my parts (yes, I realize how sad and lonely that sounds and YES my home is that empty). Anyhow, It's usually about 7:45 by the time I shower and unpack my gym clothes. After such effort, I'd hate to eat something awful for me just to save energy so I have to make a choice to work hard for just 15 more minutes before I collapse, stuff my face, and remain horizontal.



Tonights quick, smart, and CHEAP choice was an excellent surprise. I bought a new Kroger-brand of frozen pizza (click to see which one) and I cannot believe how perfect it was.



First of all, the ingredients were ALL clean. Only whole wheat, water, olive oil, and yeast for the crust. Two different types of white cheeses, and all the roasted veggies you can imagine! No chemicals, no dyes, no sugar, no preservatives...SCORE!!!



So, the pizza was $4.50 and a bag of frozen broccoli was $1 so.....doing the math? I got TWO meals for a grand total of $5.50. (Two because I saved half of both items for my lunch tomorrow). What a steal and they were both beyond easy to make. Hooray for Kroger!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment