Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Old School Vittles









When I was little, my favorite meal was breakfast. I had two favorite breakfasts, neither of which I could get enough. 1. Rasin Bran 2. My ma's fried potatoes/onions.


Since I refuse to do away with meals I love so dearly, I found a way to make each fit my clean lifestyle. Introcuding: Baby-Angie's favorite breakfasts...revamped! (and easy, easy, easy)


What you're seeing here is Organic, sugar-free bran flakes with 1/3 cup of plain raisins. After adding 1% milk, I was in HEAVEN. Tasted so much better than I remember Rasin Bran ever tasting.


Next, are the glorious potatoes. I have no idea how my ma made them, but I suspect it wasn't good. Here you are seeing 4 baby redskin potatoes sliced and tossed into already-simmering red onion. 2 tablespoons of olive oil and pepper and sea salt to taste.


Go easy on the salt, peeps. Everything edible has a great deal of sodium which occurs in it naturally...learn to ween yourself from the salt lick slowly and I promise you won't miss it. You may even taste your food again....but PLEASE go easy on the salt. (side note: If anyone came to my home to eat and they asked for salt, I could go one of two ways- crazy/violent or inconsolable sobbing...I'd rather you call me ugly than self-season my cooking...end side-note).

No comments:

Post a Comment