Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Friday, June 17, 2011

indecisiveness paid off!











After biking this evening, I was ravenous! I purposely never keep "handy", "quick", or "ready-made" foods in the house. I find that if I don't have to work for it, I'll toss it down the hatch without thinking twice, hungry or not.




Next comes a Sophie's Choice situation. Pizza or Fajitas. My oh my, life can be impossible at times (yes, sarcasm). Meanwhile, unlike poor Sophie, I didn't have to choose. I made both! Introducing....STEAK FAJITA PIZZA!!!




Crust:


whole wheat, yeast, agave nectar, and ground cumin



Sauce:
tomato, corn, and chile salsa with a bit of tomato paste mixed in to thicken things up



Toppings:



Tri-colored peppers, black beans, read onion, and steak strips, a touch of cheese (shown on top picture, bottom picture is pre-cheese)








Gobbled up the first few pieces and the rest is in the freezer...where it's safe from my spontaneous consumption.


No comments:

Post a Comment