Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Persimmon Passion!






I've tried, and tried, and tried...but I am a wordless woman. It is incredibly difficult to describe to you these flavors. I'll tell you when this cake consists of, and you draw your own conclusions. But just know, it's better than you can ever imagine.

Persimmon bundt cake:

3 large Fuyu persimmons

1/2 cup raisins

2 cups whole wheat flour

cinnamon, nutmeg

1 tsp baking powder

8 oz agave nectar (sans sugar)

juice of 1/2 a lemon

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 eggs

I never imagined a cake without sugar could be this sweet. Behold, the power of the persimmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment