Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

RIP Billy D. Basil



The last of my basil plant, Billy D. Basil, has sacrificed himself to make this enticing dish. It's not really a pizza and it's more than a focaccia. I don't have a name for it, but I can promise you it's is nothing but DE-LISH! My genius friend, Lisa, suggested I use pesto for a pizza sauce and ever since then, i've been stalking Billy, urging him to grow grow grow!



Whole wheat flaxseed crust, pesto spread on the crust (artichoke hearts, basil, lemon, garlic, and olive oil), and sauteed squash and red pepper. I didn't have the right cheese in the house so I made this sans the cheese. I was pleasantly surprised and will probably be skipping cheese on many of my pizzas from now on...depending on the toppings of course.



What would you call this dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment