Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

minimalist approach to dinner



















This particular evening, I was craving very specific foods. When I crave something, i almost always listen and follow through. I find that if I don't, I end up eating far too much of something unhealthy out of frusteration. Plus, I truely believe that the body will tell you what it needs and I am all ears.

I know you're gonna ask, and the answer is YES...the steak is cooked. I eat my meat fairly rare so I'm sorry if the image bothers you as it often does for vegetarians or those who are adament about eating their meat well done.

So this dinner is very very simple. A small serving of steak pan cooked with lemon-pepper and garlic, kale sauteed with lemon-pepper and sea salt, and a bowl of cucumber/tomato salad with balsamic vinegrette.

You can see in the very last picture, how I portion my selections. I'm always very heavy on the produce, medium on the meat, and medium on the carbs...no carbs for this dinner, but plenty in other meals :)

I hope everyone is doing well. Check back for my angel hair whole-wheat pasta tomorrow...I'm using chicken stock and dry wine instead of oil or sugary sauce. I've never tried this, but the recipe looks fantastic so I look forward to sharing it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment