Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Bonkers for Brunch!

One of my very favorite things to do while vising NYC is walking in the morning til i get super hungry and then sliding into one of their THOUSANDS of awesome brunch spots. Seriously, New Yorkers know how it's done. For Detroiters, imagine clean and relatively healthy Coney Island restaurants on every corner and they somehow ALL look like the Seinfeld restaurant...but alas, no Seinfeld.
Meanwhile, sometimes on the weekends I like to make giant healthy brunches if I have time in the morning. This time, I did something extra good. Egg white omelette which contains sauteed onion and spinach, thyme, swiss cheese, and sea salt. Seriously, excellent flavor and the egg whites and cheese have so much spinach I was full for soooo long.

Peach yogurt with a peach chopped on top of it and wheat toast is the rest of the meal, but that's a given with any brunch, right? Seriously, skip the hash browns and grease and get creative with your omelettes, you'll be so pleased :)

No comments:

Post a Comment