Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Luuuunnch!



I have a few peeps asking about what I bring to work for lunch. For those of you who don't know me, it's a rarity to see me eating lunch from a restaurant. Number 1, I rarely have time at work to leave for lunch. Number 2, I always feel far too heavy and my wallet feels far too light after going out to lunch. I bring a variety of things to work for lunch. Some days it's just two pieces of fruit and an odwalla bar (if you've yet to discover the godliness of the odwalla bar...click here and become familiar. $.99/each at Kroger in the organic section).

Anyhow, sometimes I bring in a can of healthy select, low sodium soup or a frozen Amy's burrito ($2.14 in the frozen organic section at Kroger) but usually it's leftovers from the night before. I LOVE leftovers.

However, many of you have families who actually eat the leftovers so pictured is an idea that's full of flavor but just the right combo to keep you full. Whole wheat tortilla (you can use wheat bread, of course), swiss cheese, salami, lettuce, brown mustard. It's a great combo of good fats, protein, and whole grain carbs to keep you full all afternoon. And of course, an orange is a surprisingly sweet and nutritious ending to this wrap.

I hope this is helpful and you consider bringing your lunch to work too!

No comments:

Post a Comment