Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Pop of Protein *Ka-Pow*


For those of you who have spent any time with me, you know about my jekyl and hyde routine when it comes to a drop in the ol' blood sugar. Yep, I'm all hypoglycemic and whatnot. Normally, I eat every 3-4 hours max to ensure that I stay fed and sane, but sometimes when I'm out running errands or super busy it hits me out of no where. Anyone who experiences hypoglycemia knows this feeling: the sudden onset of intense hunger, the dizzy-hot-fuzzy feeling, and the utter and complete panic that you will not find food in time before you collapse to your demise....yeah, things get dramatic when I'm overhungry. Normally, I carry around peanuts or an odwalla bar to inhale and then go about my business, but that's not always the case. It's especially important to get a good dose of protein when feeling a drop in blood sugar. Protein will stay with you much longer than a carb and it will also help even out your levels.
Here is a SUPER tasty (and low calorie, if you're into that kinda thing) snack for between meals. It's sooooo simple: canned tuna, a tablespoon of light mayo, diced tomatoes, and cracked pepper all hanging out on top of a cucumber slice. Everyone's having a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment