Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Honey Mustard Tilapia with Redskin Garlic/Herb Smashed Potatoes

Tilapia isn't the heartiest of fish, so it's important to pair it with a side that will keep your gullet full. Any form of root vegetable should do the trick. Here we have a simple gourmet-style smashed redskin potato and tilapia with a homemade brown mustard/honey marinade.
Tips:
-If you don't have buttermilk to make mashed potatoes from scratch, use 1 cup of lowfat milk with a tablespoon of vinegar mixed in. I never buy buttermilk and use this substitute for everything that calls for buttermilk.
-if you let the potatoes boil long enough, you don't have to invest in a potato smashing device. I like to use the tried and true fork.
-briefly sauteing your herbs for the potatoes will bust out some nice flavor combos and is recommended before adding the mixture to the potatoes.
...I think that's about it. Here a are some pics of the process and outcome. Voila!




No comments:

Post a Comment