Welcome to my consumption. Cooking is how I express my personal creativity and my love for those I feed. For the most part, I try to eat clean (no white flour/refined sugar, I avoid heavily processed and fast foods) but I don't expect that of others.

I'm happiest in my kitchen, creating tasty vittles out of simple, wholesome foods.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Breakfast Vittles

If you're anything like me, you wake up with a raging sense of hunger...or you're at least fairly hungry. If you're never hungry in the morning, your metabolism may be to blame. Make changes if you're eating too late, consuming too many refined carbs at night, aren't sleeping well due to food choice, or you're not eating more than 3.5 hours before bed. All of these can contribute to a whacked out system that can cause you to skip breakfast. Here's an example of how I start my day. It's an egg-white sandwich with a turkey sausage patty on a thin bun (the bun is called a "slimwich" and I happen to find that little name PRECIOUS...so i buy them. Everybody's having a good time). Anyhow, if time is your issue in the morning, you have no excuse to not whip this up. Here's how I do it to fit into my harried pre-work routine. -spray small pan with pam and crack two eggs in to fry (I only eat egg whites but I'm weird like that) -since the heat will be on low/medium-low, hop in the shower to wash your parts! -get out and flip eggs and turn heat on super-low. Also, add your turkey sausage patty (or whatever meat you choose) to the underside of the eggs to warm it up...they're precooked so it just needs a little heat. -Add cheese (i use shredded or sliced swiss) to the top of the eggs and let it get all nice and melty (mmmmmm....cheese) -Next layer your slimwich (te he!) however you like. I use all sorts of things and sometimes combine several of them: hummus, light mayo, spicy mustard, arugula, lettuce, pickles, tomato, avocado, ANYTHING! Just get some greens on there and your favorite condiment to top it off. -Next, eat it while walking 12 blocks into work...or at your kitchen table like a normal person.

2 comments: